This cake was a central feature of our Wednesday family dessert as well as a lovely quiet conversation over tea with a friend on my back deck. No frills, but tasty and super easy!
I'd credit the source but I don't know where I got this one.
1 cup applesauce 1/2 cup oil 7/8 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cups flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp ground ginger 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp ground cloves 1/2 cup chopped nuts and/or raisins, optional (I omitted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bundt pan or muffin cups.
- Mix applesauce, brown sugar and oil in medium bowl.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake 40 minutes (cake) or 15-20 minutes (muffins).
- Cool on a cooling rack.